We invite you to make an appointment for an initial FREE Introductory Session that usually takes 20-30 minutes to discuss how we can support you and share with you how we work.
From time to time, a couple may experience a relationship crisis or have extenuating circumstances and feel they need something more impactful than just an hour or two per week. In these cases, we encourage you to call us to discuss your unique situation. We would like to help as best we can. Call one of the phone numbers listed at the bottom of this page.
Under Normal Circumstances …
The initial session:
- Helps us get to know you and your unique challenges, and you get to know a little about us. It helps us all determine if we are a match.
- Based on your needs, we discuss, what we do in the sessions, their length, frequency, pricing, and how we will go forward in our work with you.
- We set up a time for our next meeting that works with everyone’s schedule. That, along with a few documents to fill out, and we are ready to go.
- Do you live near Orange County, CA? If so, it might be beneficial to meet in our office in Laguna Niguel.
- Outside of our local area we can have our sessions with you over the phone. But we prefer Google Hangout, Skype or another visual conference session when possible. Face-to-face contact creates a more cohesive bond and a deeper understanding.
First Actual Session:
- Usually lasts between 1-2 hours.
- Assessment and Goal Setting.
- One or both of you meets with Steve for ADHD coaching.
- One or both of you meets with Nancie for ADHD relationship consulting.
- Often it makes sense for all of us to work together at the same time.
Sessions are designed to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of the impact of ADHD on the relationship.
- Move forward with relationship goals set during 1st session.
- Present, and help you understand, and practice, important new skills, techniques, strategies, and behaviors. These are designed to improve the relationship, or to improve the ADHD situation, thus diminishing its symptoms.
- Use techniques to Improve communication so each person has the opportunity to be deeply heard.
- Bring to the surface habits that are impeding growth, and discover, and implement new ones.
How do we know when we are done?
- Every couple is on a different timeline.
- Both people are satisfied that sufficient progress has been made.
- There are feelings of deeper connection and positivity towards each other.
- The future looks much brighter for both of you.